Research-oriented Computer Science
The two-year study programme leads to a second professional qualification with the degree Master of Science (M.Sc.).
Building on the solid skills and knowledge gained in the bachelor’s programme, the Master’s course enables students to carry out scientific work, critically classify scientific findings, and to give their own significant contributions to research and development. Students will be prepared to take on challenging work in the field of computer science. Particular emphasis is placed on the ability to become familiar with issues of new applications and for systematic analysis, formal modelling and validation of information-processing processes.
The orientation to scientific methods provides adequate preparation for the requirements of an ever-changing job market.
Mein Professor hat unheimlich großen Einfluss darauf genommen, wie ich heute an Sachen herangehe, dass ich sie komplett verstehen will und eine Problemstellung im vollem Umfang erfassen will.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Research and development of hardware and software
- Microprocessor and chip design
- Development and testing of control systems, such as in the aerospace or automotive industries
- Communication systems and network security
- Organization and implementation of IT projects
- Quality Assurance in Information Technology, Software Analysis
- Consulting and system consultancy