Title of the dissertation
Implementation of Environmental Taxation in Ghana
Prof. Dr. Frank Wätzold, Prof. Dr. Eike Albrecht
EDUCATION AND HOME UNIVERSITIES
- PhD in Environmental Economics (within the context of Environmental and Resource Management, Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus-Senftenberg from 2012-2015
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Environmental and Resource Management Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus-Senftenberg from 2002-2004
- Diploma (Dip.) in Tax Administration, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, Accra-Ghana from 2001-2002
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Economics and Geography Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi-Ghana from 1996-19
Tax research and the use of economic instruments for environmental management
I conduct research related to taxes including Environmental Taxes in Ghana/Africa. Additionally, I prepare reports on Tax Collection to Management and involve in Tax Policy Analysis, Modelling and Simulations.
I work with Tax Research and Policy Unit of the Ghana Revenue Authority
FUTURE CAREER PLANS
Conduct more research related to taxation in Ghana using public choice approach
- Kombat, A. M. (2017) Implementation of Environmental Taxation in Ghana, The Ghanaian Times, May 17 & 18, p.9/p9 & Daily Graphic, May 24, p.36
- Kombat, A. M. (2016) Ghana: Environmental Taxation, Alumni Network of Sub-Sahara Africa (ANSA) Insights Magazine., (4),p.3
- Kombat, A. M. (2015) Implementation of Environmental Taxation in Ghana, Cottbus: Brandenburg Technology University.
- Kombat, A. M. (2015) Implementation of plastics tax in Ghana-Cost effectiveness analysis,In: Petropoulos D. and Kiriakopoulos G. (Eds.) The book of the 1st International Conference of Development and Economy, pp.81-91
- Kombat, A .M. (2015) Economic Analysis of Petroleum Taxes in Pollution Control in Ghana Journal of International Real Estate and Construction Studies, 3 (2), pp.111-129
- Kombat, A.M. (2013) Economic Assessment of Environmental Taxes and Standards in Managing the Environmental Problems that Emanate from Oil and Gas Production on Ghana’s Jubilee field, Journal of International Real Estate and Construction Studies,3 (1), pp.33-50
- Kombat, A.M., Issahaku, Z., and Addai, P. K. (2010) Sustainable Consumption and Production in Ghana: The Role of Economic Instruments, Ghana Environmental Protection Agency National Programme on Sustainable Consumption and Production for Ghana (2011-2016), (2), pp.76-107
What will you remember most of your time at BTU Cottbus and in the PhD Programme ERM?
What advice to you have for prospective PhD candidates at BTU Cottbus?
They must work very hard