What is a study prospectus (for presentation to the Foreigners’ Registration Office)?
If you have exceeded the normal period of study by more than 3 semesters, you will need a letter from BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg stating your purpose of study to continue your stay of residence in Germany.
A study prospectus consists of:
- Evidence of the proper progression of studies up to present
- Established appraisal of the anticipated further duration of studies
- Statement regarding the prospect of a successful graduation
Based on the study prospectus, the Foreigners’ Registration Office will decide whether and for how long your residency will be extended.
Where and how do you get your study prospectus?
Study prospectuses are issued from the International Relations Office on the central BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg campus. Please consult with Ms. Kossack during her office hours (Main building, room 4.34).
Bring the following documents with you:
- Student ID card
- Completely filled-out 'Form of Data to Construct a Study Prospectus'
- Recent overview of grades (Please make sure you check before, whether all awarded achievements/exams taken have been entered with the register’s office!)
Normally, you can pick up your prospectus letter from the International Relations Office after one week. Therefore, plan to come to the International Relations Office with time to spare before your Foreigners’ Registration Office appointment.