You will need to show certain documents when you enrol at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg and register at the City Administration Office. We have put together the most important information related to getting started with your studies at BTU.
In order to enroll, please bring along the following documents:
- Your passport (if your country of origin requires a visa, a valid permit that entitles you to study in Germany is required).
- Original Letter of Admission
- Proof of health insurance (resp. for EU citizens, the European health insurance card is sufficient)
- Completed enrollment form (you will receive this form at the >>Welcome and Registration Point>>, we will help you fill it out)
- Passport size photograph (which will be used for your student card)
- If you have already studied in Germany before, a matriculation certificate and if appropriate, a student clearance certificate.
The enrollment period and the semester starting date can be found in admission package. If all documents are complete, the remittance slip will be issued in at least two days. Afterward, you can pick up the remittance slip to pay the semester fee at the >>Welcome and Registration Point<< via bank transfer.
After a few working days, the fee will be transferred to the universities bank account and you will receive an email to pick up your student ID at the Information Centre in the Main Building.
Welcome and Registration Point
|Enrolment Period||9th September 2019 - 4th October 2019||9th September 2019 - 4th October 2019||9th September 2019 -|
4th October 2019
|Grace Period for justified exceptions, e.g. applicants with visa requirements||30th October 2019||30th October 2019||30th October 2019|
|Location||Main Building, 4th floor, Room 4.29||see Main Campus||Building 2, Room 2.205|
|Opening hours||Monday to Thursday |
10 am-3 pm and
Friday 10am - 12 pm
|see Main Campus||Monday to Thursday |
|Dates for winter semester 2019/20|| |
university and applied programme
Please be aware that due to national holidays all offices and most supermarkets and shops are closed on 3rdOctober (Reunification Day) and 31st October (Reformation Day)!
In order to make your start in a new environment as comfortable and simple as possible, we provide First Contact Tutors. The tutors are there to assist you in visiting city administration offices, to give you a tour through Cottbus or Senftenberg, and to help you understand how things work in Germany.
If you are interested in having a tutor, then just make a request for one at the Welcome and Registration Point.
Did you like your welcome experience? Do you wish to become a BTU Buddy? Then please contact the Student Activities Office (Email).