Incomings non-european international exchange (STUDEXA and free mover)

You are a non-European international student and would like to study abroad for one or two semesters at the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg?
Below you will find all of the information you need in order to apply for a placement as an exchange student at our university.

STUDEXA: Are you a student at a non-European Link zu einer externen Seite partner university of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg? If so, then please apply at your home university’s international office for a study abroad.

FREE MOVER: Are you a student at a university that is not a non-European partner university of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg? If so, then please apply directly at our university.

Application documents to be submitted by exchange students:

  • Application form  STUDEXA  /  FREE MOVER 
  • Curriculum Vitae (tabular format)
  • Letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
  • Academic transcript of all studies completed at your home university to-date
  • Academic reference from a professor or instructor at your home university
  • Proof of language skills (English or German depending on the language of instruction)
  • List of courses you would like to attend at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg (Learning Agreement)
  • Passport copy
  • STUDEXA students: a letter from your home university stating that you are nominated for an exchange (preferably issued by the international office)

We will begin reviewing your application documents as soon as we receive them and send you an Official Letter of Admission which you can use to apply for a visa. We will also send you informational materials in the mail on places to live in Cottbus, the university, the city, and other preparations you can make before you arrive in Cottbus.

Further information and a Guide for New International Students: Getting Started can be found here