Research-oriented Process Technology - Process and Plant Technology
Building on the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (or other engineering bachelor's degrees) the students deepen and specialize their knowledge in various areas of process technology: systems and safety engineering, mineral processing equipment, chemical reaction engineering, mechanical and thermal process engineering, environmental engineering, renewable resources, energy process engineering and process optimization/process-integrated environmental protection. Currently holding six chairs process engineering, the university can offer a broad-based study course that gives graduates unrestricted access to the many options of the process engineering profession. A special feature of process engineering in Cottbus is close co-operation with the environmental sciences and the study of environmental issues.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Development, planning and supervision of industrial production
- Planning, construction and operation of process engineering equipment and systems
- Extraction of raw materials and energy
- Manufacture of petroleum products, chemicals, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, building materials etc.
- Research and Development
- Work in engineering firms in licensing and monitoring authorities (Technical Inspection Association/TÜV etc.)