Research-oriented Environmental Engineering
The growing needs of a growing population, high consumption of energy and resources, climate change and disruption of ecosystems - these are just some of the problems that humanity must solve in the coming decades. The solutions must be sustainable: they must be effective in our time and beyond, not transferring the burden on our children and grandchildren but protecting and preserving our world.
This is only possible if all of the sciences join forces. The environmental engineering that has been going on for 20 years is a good example: it is an interdisciplinary, integrated and open engineering discipline. The underlying philosophy of the discipline is the maintenance and development of the life and production facilities of man, the principles of which are provided by the environmental and natural sciences and the methods and means of action by engineering.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Development and implementation of environmentally-friendly and sustainable technologies
- Integrated planning and project management for avoidance/mitigation of environmental impacts
- Design of processes and products to reduce raw material/energy consumption
- Material recovery from waste
- Development of environmentally compatible energies
- Conservation of biodiversity and ecosystems
Further postgraduate opportunities
|Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy||M.Sc.|
|Land Use and Water Management||M.Sc.|