Research and teaching at the Chair focus on the application of economic knowledge to problems of environmental and resource management, in particular the preservation of ecosystem services and biodiversity conservation. Methods and approaches include, among others, ecological-economic modelling, the development of decision support software, as well as stakeholder interviews and choice experiments.
Dear Students, if you are interested in writing a Bachelor- or Masterthesis at our chair, you can now find a list of possible thesis topics at our homepage. You are also invited to discuss a topic of your choice with us. In case of further interest, please contact us during consultation hours.
- The consultation hour on 17 July is cancelled and is postponed to Thursday, 18 July from 1 - 2 pm.
- Consultation hour Prof. Wätzold: Wednesday, 09.30 - 10.30 am.
- DBU project approval: Insektenverluste durch den Einsatz von Konditionierern bei der Behandlung von Mähgut
- Conference presentation by Lutz Philip Hecker: Spotlight on Spatial Environmental Policy Spillovers: An Econometric Analysis of Wastewater Treatment in Mexican Municipalities, EARERE 2019, 26.-29.6, Manchaster, UK.
- Poster presentation by Charlotte Gerling and Frank Wätzold: "Economics of climate adaptation for biodiversity conservation (Ecoclimb)" at the kick-off Conference Dialogue on the Economics of Climate Change, at dbb-Forum in Berlin, 13.6.2019
- Project workshop: ClimeFish Workshop "Adapting West of Scotland fisheries to climate change" 21.05.2019, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Publication: Orestis Stavrakidis-Zachou, Nikos Papandroulakis, Astrid Sturm, Panagiotis Anastasiadis, Frank Wätzold, and Konstadia Lika (2019): Towards a computer-based decision support system for aquaculture stakeholders in Greece in the context of climate change, International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics(Link)
- TV-News: Report/Interview on EuroNews about the ClimeFish Project (Links: https://www.euronews.com/2019/04/29/new-risks-and-opportunities-for-fishing-industry-with-climate-change and https://www.euronews.com/2019/04/29/fish-are-growing-faster-with-the-changing-climate)
- Publication: Charlotte Gerling, Astrid Sturm and Frank Wätzold: Ecological-economic modelling to compare the impact of organic and conventional farming on endangered grassland bird and butterfly species, in Agricultural Systems Volume 173, July 2019, pages 424-434 (Link)