Research and teaching at the Chair focus on the application of economic knowledge to problems of environmental and resource management, in particular the preservation of ecosystem services and biodiversity conservation. Methods and approaches include, among others, ecological-economic modelling, the development of decision support software, as well as stakeholder interviews and choice experiments.
Dear Students, if you are interested in writing a Bachelor- or Masterthesis at our chair, you can now find a list of possible thesis topics at our homepage. You are also invited to discuss a topic of your choice with us. In case of further interest, please contact us during consultation hours.
- Consultation hours Prof. Wätzold in winter semester 2019/20: Wednesdays, 09.30 - 10.30 am.
- No consultation hour for Prof. Wätzold at 16.10.2019.
- Newspaper article by Alex Kombat: 'Women's role in tax administration laudable' (Link)
- Working Paper: Gerling, Charlotte and Wätzold, Frank (2019): Evaluating policy instruments for the conservation of biodiversity in a changing climate. (Link)
- BMBF project approval: „The Economics of Climate Change – theme coordination: ‚Dealing with climate risks‘ (KlimaRisk)“ within the Dialogue on the Economics of Climate Change, the accompanying process to the BMBF funding measure Economics of Climate Change II.
- DBU project approval: Insektenverluste durch den Einsatz von Konditionierern bei der Behandlung von Mähgut