The goal of this course is to introduce challenges in securing computer systems and networks. The course covers the foundations of system and network security. It introduces basic security and privacy concepts as building blocks for later specialization. In the scope of this course, we explore, among others, the following rough list topics:
- Introduction and general concepts.
- Definitions, security goals, attacker models.
- Symmetric encryption.
- Integrity protection.
- Asymmetric encryption.
- Certificates and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Authentication and key agreement.
- Security protocols (IPSec, DNSSec, Kerberos, SSH, TLS, etc.).
- Spam, botnets, phishing.
- Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Honeypots.
- Anonymity and privacy.
Please enroll here for the moodle course.
|Tuesday||15:30 - 17:00||ZHG/HS C|
|Thursday||09:15 - 10:45||ZHG/HS B|