Scholarship offers for international BTU students
Studying at BTU is mostly free of (study) charges. Because of this, there are only limited scholarship opportunities for international students. The International Relations Office is nonetheless pleased to be able to award a limited number of scholarships to international students enrolled at BTU.
- STIBET I - Scholarship and Support Programme
STIBET I - Scholarship and Support Programme
1.Scholarships for the completion of studies
The study course completion aid help should make it possible for international students to be unburdened by financial worries during preparation for their final exams. The winners are decided by a selection commission in accordance with award criteria and taking into account financial need. It must be recognized that good exam results can be achieved within a year.
2. Scholarships for specially engaged students:
Basis for funding here is also high academic achievement, but also displaying exemplary engagement in an international context at BTU. What would count toward that would be, for example, social and functional support of foreign students, tandem language cooperation, working with cultural programmes, regional events, etc.
Submission of scholarship applications:
for funding in the summer semester – between January 1 and 31
For funding in the winter semester – between July 1 and 31
- STIBET - PhD Programme
STIBET - PhD Programme
The goal of STIBET is better care and support for foreign PhD candidates at BTU. Therefore international PhD students can be funded for a period of time by means of research or teaching assistantships. The teaching and research assistantships will be advertised once per semester and awarded for the length of maximum 4 months. More information can be found on the website of the Graduate Research School (GRS).
- Germany Scholarships at BTU
Germany Scholarships at BTU
As part of the scholarship programme of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg awards its students with the so-called "Germany Scholarship".
Further Information: Germany Scholarships at BTU
- Scholarships in the Framework of the Women's Advancement Initiative
Scholarships in the Framework of the Women's Advancement Initiative
The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg is awarding scholarships to international female students, especially those with family responsibilities, for the year of 2017 in the framework of the Women's Advancement Initiative. The scholarship programme seeks to sustainably improve the equal opportunity of women in all levels of the academic system and to increase the number of female academics in top scientific positions.
Application documents and further information:
Deadline for the first round of applications is September 15th, 2017.
Female Students: Female doctoral/PhD candidates: Information and Application forms Information and application forms Evaluation form Evaluation form
- More (external) funding opportunities:
More (external) funding opportunities:
- DAAD – Scholarship Database
- Scholarships, Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Schwarzkopf Foundation, Travel scholarships for foreigners in Germany
- Scholarship Pilot – Scholarship guide, a search engine from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, which also already provides funding opportunities for foreign students.
- – The German Mobility Centre supports scientists from within and outside of Germany in their search for funding opportunities.
- Brandenburg-Stipendium – Brandenburg Scholarship, Scholarships for the preparation of writing a thesis as part of a university degree, which is based on an innovative project focused on small or medium sized business or employment of working students in the focus of an operational innovative project of an applicant small or medium sized enterprise.