This is a post-graduate programme of studies towards a "Ph.D. in Power Engineering"1. It is part of a series of 4 energy relates study programmes consisting of
- B.Sc. Energy Technology and Energy Economics (mainly taught in German language)
- M.Sc. Energy Technology and Energy Economics (mainly taught in German language)
- M.Sc. Power Engineering (fully taught in English language) with the option to get d double degree from our 7 partner universities in China, Poland, Russia, Taiwan
- Ph.D. Power Engineering (fully taught in English language) only available as double degree Ph.D. together with Russian National Research University Moscow Power Engineering Institute
Please note that this Ph.D. programme is only available as Double Degree Ph.D. in close cooperation with MPEI-Russian National Research University Moscow Power Engineering Institute.
Emphasis is on guided research and writing the dissertation. In addition, the programme comprises a selection of mandatory seminars, workshops and tutorials, usually conducted in English.
Admission requires a qualified and related Master-level certificate from a recognized university, e. g. in Electric Power Engineering, Thermal Power Engineering or Energy Economics. Students whose native language is not English, need to provide an English proficiency test along with their online application. Part of the application is also an outline of research interest. The regular duration is 4 years.
The formaldecision of admission is taken by the Faculty Council upon recommendation by the Ph.D. Committee at BTU and the related council at MPEI.
1The study programme has not yet been finally approved. All information subject to change.
Professional Fields of Activity
Academic and industrial careers in
- power engineering industry,
- power suppliers,
- power stations,
- energy trading or
- related research centers.