The BTU Prep Year Program Bridge to Studies allows international applicants to improve their linguistic, subject-specific as well as intercultural skills and provides them with a greater perspective to achieve their study objectives.
The Program includes:
- a one-semester German language intensive course preparing participants for the "German Language University Entrance Test for Foreign Students (DSH)"
- course-accompanying tutorials to improve the participants’ conversation as well as writing skills
- course-accompanying tutorials to deliver dissertation skills and techniques to the participants
- course-accompanying tutorials to provide participants with information about Germany and the European Union
- intercultural activities
- freshman orientation classes with reference to study organization and course scheduling
- subject-specific (propaedeutic) prep classes
- field trips and excursions
- student volunteer buddy assistance on a one-to-one basis to guide and help participants adjusting to BTU campus life