When applying to study at the BTU, please be aware that there are study programmes with and without admission limits (numerus clausus (NC)). Which application modalities apply depends on the chosen study programme.
Deadlines for applications for the Winter Semester 2021/2022:
|Master's study programme Cyber Security:|
1st May 2021
|Master's study programme Environmental and Resource Management and Urban Design - Revitalization of Historic City Districts:||1st June 2021|
|Master's study programme Biotechnology and Social Work (1st semester) with admission restriction:||15th July 2021|
|Master's study programme without admission restriction:||15th July 2021|
- A higher education degree equivalent to the level of a German bachelor’s degree or a higher level degree
- Subject-specific admission requirements according to the Examination and Study Regulations of the Study Programme – be particularly aware when applying for further education master study programmes and double degree programmes
- Equivalency is verified by UNI-ASSIST e.V. in Berlin. Information on the equivalency of your higher education entrance qualification can also be found in the ANABIN Database
Additionally for enhanced Master study programmes (Urban Design; Forensic Sciences and Engineering und Wirtschaftsrecht für Technologieunternehmen):
- proof of at least one year of professional employment
Additionally for English language study programmes:
- TOEFL Test (iBT) with a score of at least 79 points OR equivalent,
- such as proof of language skills according to the Enrolment Regulations and subject-specific Examination and Study Regulations
Additionally for German language study programmes:
- Level 2 of the German language university entrance exam for foreign students (DSH) or an equivalent (e.g. TestDaF 4x4, DSD 2)
- Admission requirement for the DSH language course in the framework of the BTU’s „Bridge to Studies“: B1 certificate
The BTU Prep Year Programme Bridge to Studies is offered only for the winter semester.
From March, 2021 prospective students with foreign higher education degrees can apply for the winter semester 2021/2022.
- Fill out and submit the enrolment application on the My assist online applicant portal and there any further application documents
Please do not forget the transfer of the processing fee to UNI-ASSIST!
- a copy of a bachelor or higher level degree to be scanned in and uploaded on to My assist (If the original is not in German or English, then we need a translation to German or English from a sworn translator.)
- Depending on the type of degree and country of origin, possible types of documents may include:
- Certificate for vordiplom or intermediate examinations
- Complete set of transcripts of records from higher education
- Bachelor/diplom completion certificates (or equivalent)
- Other certificates relevant to degrees obtained
- copy of the higher education entrance qualification (If the original is not in German or English, then we need a translation to German or English from a sworn translator.)
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Copy of passport/official personal identification
- Copy of a valid resience permit for Germany, if available
- Proof of language skills
English language study programmes:
Proof of English language skills – applicants with a higher education entrance qualification from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Great Britain incl. Northern Ireland or the United States of America do not have to submit a separate proof of English language skills
German language study programmes:
Proof of German language skills - does not apply to applicants from countries where German is the first official language
- Additionally for furthering education master study programmes
Proof of at least one year of professional employment
- For changing universities within Germany
Certificate of removal from the register of students (submit at the latest upon enrolment) and certificate of non-objection (proof of right to take examinations)
Please note that a preliminary examination of your application documents is first carried out by UNI-ASSIST, which can take 3-4 weeks. After receiving the application documents at the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, you will gain access to myBTU. You will receive your user data by e-mail. In the myBTU portal you can do the following things:
- check the processing status of your application
- perform online enrolment
- view and change personal data
- change / reset password
In general, you have to expect another 2-3 weeks processing time (in total about 5-7 weeks). Therefore we recommend you to apply in time.
The creation of notices is carried out entirely by automatic devices. A notice made available for retrieval shall be deemed to have been notified on the third day after dispatch of the electronic notification that the data have been made available.
To verify your notification, enter the verification number and press the button. If the number is valid, you will receive the notification as a download for comparison.
More Information about the enrolment can be found on the application of enrolment, which you can print out at the end of the online enrolment and submit it together with the documents relevant for enrolment to the Welcome and Registration Point.
The video tutorials are designed to illustrate the steps from retrieving your letter of admission to applying for enrolment via myBTU.
If you have any questions afterwards, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or phone:
T +49 (0)355 69 2105