In the framework of the new scholarship programme of the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF), the BTU Cottbus has been awarding students with the so-called “Deutschlandstipendium” since the summer term of 2011.
Basic features of the scholarship programme
- Matching funds principle: 50:50 financial support from third-parties and a federal grant (BMBF)
- Scholarship funds are raised by the university through donations from companies, foundations, and private persons; the federal government contributes an additional 150 €, leading to a standard scholarship rate of 300 € per month.
- In the final stage of the scholarship’s development, 8% of a university’s students should be able to receive a scholarship. It is intended for there to be a gradual increase. The programme started in the summer term of 2011 with financial support available for a maximum of 0.45% of the total student body.
- Private donations may be appropriated to specific purposes (e.g. by naming a study programme), however, these appropriated donations may only make up 2/3 of the new scholarships to be awarded in a calendar year while the remaining 1/3 may not be bound to specific study programmes.
- Minimum scholarship period is 1 year; maximum = normal study period, as fixed in the study regulations.
- The scholarship is awarded based on students’ aptitude, merit, and dedication.
- Income does not play a role in the awarding of the scholarship. The scholarship will not offset BAföG and does not need to be paid back.
- A selection committee chooses the scholarship recipients.
Scholarships will not be awarded to:
- students holding scholarships from the Begabtenförderungswerke (German sponsorship organisation for the academically gifted) or DAAD (German academic exchange service), unless the merit-based grant for material support does not exceed 30 € per month.
Our University awards the scholarship „Deutschlandstipendium“ only for the winter semester. We will publish the “Call for applications” for the winter semester 2019/20 here on our website probably at the end of June 2019. The granting of the scholarships will take place during the ceremonial opening of the new academic year on September 30th, 2019.
Information for scholarship holders
|ARCUS Planung + Beratung Bauplanungsgesellschaft mbH|
|BASF Schwarzheide GmbH|
|Deutsche Bahn AG|
|DB Privat- und Firmenkundenbank AG|
|envia Mitteldeutsche Energie AG (enviaM)|
|Herr Ulrich Freese|
|Institut für Umwelttechnik und Recycling Senftenberg e.V.|
|LEAG - Lausitz Energie Bergbau AG & Lausitz Energie Kraftwerke AG|
|PSD Bank Berlin-Brandenburg eG|
|Rotary Club Cottbus|
|Stiftung der BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg|
|TRUMPF Sachsen GmbH|
|VDE Verband der Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik e.V.|