The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenberg (BTU) is a young and dynamic university and the only technical university in the State of Brandenburg. With more than 1,500 employees, BTU is one of the largest employers in the Lusatia region. BTU is also attractive because of the compatibility of work and family.
At the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Energy Systems in Cottbus, the following position is to be filled as soon as possible at the Chair of Thermal Energy Technology:
Academic staff member (m/f/d) with the goal of a habilitation (PostDoc) Qualification position
Reference Number: 97/23
As an academic staff member you will conduct research at the Chair of Thermal Energy Technology in connection with the Hydrogen Research Center at BTU with focus on »Process simulation of electrolysis plants for hydrogen production«
These are your responsibilities
- Scientific work within the research focus of the Chair of Thermal Energy Technology, in particular water electrolysis and process simulation
- Proactive collaboration in the preparation and implementation of third-party funded projects (BMBF, BMWK, Horizon Europe, DFG, ILB or industrial projects)
- Delivering of presentations and writing of publications on your research
- Writing of project reports
- Other research-related administrative tasks
- Participation in teaching, including:
- Execution of teaching tasks at the Chair of Thermal Energy Technology
- Preparation and implementation of lectures, seminars or exercises as well as other administrative tasks associated with teaching including the development of teaching materials, media and collections of assignments
- Participation in the supervision of student theses
- Own in-depth scientific work in preparation for a habilitation to the extent of at least one third of the respective working time
You have successfully completed a scientific university degree recognized by the collective labor agreement TV-L (i.e. accredited master's degree or university diploma or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (energy technology, chemical process engineering or chemical engineering, physics or comparable). In addition, you have a PhD degree in one of these relevant fields.
Knowledge and experience in the field of water electrolysis and energy and process engineering process simulation is an advantage. Furthermore, you have very good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written. We also require organizational skills and the willingness to work in a team and travel on business.
Personally, you have excellent skills for scientific work, you can think analytically and conceptually and act situationally. You are flexible and good at communicating. Creativity, interdisciplinarity and the ability to work in a team complete your profile.
BTU offers you excellent conditions for your scientific qualification and research. In addition, there are many advantages of the science location Cottbus, which particularly impresses with its interdisciplinarity, as well as good transport connections to Berlin or Dresden and attractive and inexpensive housing in the Lusatian Lake District.
Become part of the BTU family if you want to actively help shape structural change in the Lusatia region. We are pleased to meet you.
For more information about the position to be filled, please contact Prof. Dr. Lars Röntzsch (e-mail: Lars.Roentzsch@b-tu.de; phone: +49 (0) 355 69-4501).
The BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg is committed to equal opportunities and diversity and strives for a balanced gender ratio in all employee groups. Persons with a severe disability as well as persons of equal status will be given priority in the case of equal suitability.
The BTU aims to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore strongly encourages qualified female applicants to apply.
The submission of application photos is not required.
Please note the more detailed information on the selection process on the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg website.
Please send your application documents in a single PDF document, stating the reference number, exclusively by e-mail by October 06, 2023 to the Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Energy Systems, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg, e-mail: fakultaet3+bewerbungen(at)b-tu.de.
Publication date: 08.06.2023