PhD Researcher - Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg
Environmental and Resource Management PhD Programme
Department Civil Law and Public Law with References to the Law of Europe and the Environment
Patrícia Gallo Barbosa Lima, I am a forester and engineer, graduated at the University of São Paulo and achieved a Master Degree at the Technische Universität Dresden, where I studied management of tropical forests.
I am currently PhD researcher at the Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg, Department of Civil and Public Law with Special References to Environmental and European Law.
From the years 2006 to 2009 I was a staff member of Plant Environmental Intelligence. In 2004 I came to the United States as part of an internship program to work for one year as a visiting scientist at the Southern Forest Tree Nursery Management Cooperative - School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Auburn University.
I have great interest in culture, history, music and languages. I speak aside from my mother language Portuguese, also English, German and Spanish.
Brazil in global forest politics: the Brazilian initiative of implementing a national strategy on REDD+ policies
- Lima, P.G.B. Strengthening Livelihood Flows on Payment for Environmental Services through Local Lenses: Evidences from the Bolsa Floresta Programme. Journal of Sustainable Development Studies, v.07, n.01, pp 52-83, 2014. Peer review.
- Lima, P.G.B. Payments for environmental services through the local lens: preliminary evidences from the Bolsa Floresta Program in the Brazilian Amazon. Master Thesis, Technische Universität Dresden. Dresden, Germany, 2011.
- Manfrinato, W. A.; Ometto, J.; Moura, L. F.; Bezerra, M. O.; Pinto, T. M.; Lima, P. G. B.; Nobre, A. Crop vulnerability to drought in southern Brazil: initial insights into the potential impacts of Amazonian deforestation. In: International Scientific Conference: Amazônia em perspectiva, Ciência Integrada para um Futuro Sustentável, Manaus, Brazil, 2008.
- Manfrinato, W.; Simoes, M.; Ometto, J.; Bezerra, M. O.; Pinto, T. M.; Lima, P. G. B. Brazil Rainforest Water Program In: Forest Day. United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change - COP 13, Parallel Event, Bali, Indonesia, 2007.
- Manfrinato, W.; Lima, P. G. B.; Bezerra, M. O. Global warming, Clean Development Mechanism and biodiversity. In: Expominas (Congress of Minas Gerais State on Biodiversity), (in portuguese only), Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2006.
- Lima, P. G. B.; Brito, J. O. Panorama of the resin production in Brazil. Presented at the 8 th Brazilian Forest Congress. São Paulo, Brazil, 2003.
- Lima, P. G. B., Veiga, A. P. B., Cury G., Tomazello Filho, M. Wood Anatomy and its application in the description of 6 tree species of the French Guyana. Presented at the 9 th International Symposium of Scientific Initiation of the University of São Paulo. Piracicaba, Brazil, 2001. Awarded with Honorary Mention.
- Veiga, A. P. B., Lima, P. G. B., Cury G., Tomazello Filho, M. Anatomical description of some leguminous and non-leguminous wood species from Cerrado and Mata Atlântica, in the state of São Paulo. Presented at the 9 th International Symposium of Scientific Initiation of the University of São Paulo. Piracicaba, Brazil, 2001.