Since 2016 the BTU established overall six Clusters in the GRS as part of the strategy to strengthen the university research profile. Clusters are flexible units that shall contribute to the creation of critical masses in the core research areas of BTU. At the same time they are an important instrument of promoting young researchers.
The following Clusters have been established:
- Cluster 1 »Local production by smart value chains«
- Cluster 2 »Cognitive Dependable Cyber Physical Systems«
- Cluster 3 »Stochastic methods for fluid flow and transport processes«
- Cluster 4 »Functional Materials and Film Systems for Efficient Energy Conversion«
- Cluster 5 »Signatures of disturbed landscapes – case study mining landscapes«
- Cluster 6 »Hybrid Simulation of GaN-HEMTs and Microwave Circuits«
We would also like to draw your attention to the current calls for applications of the thematic clusters. They offer interesting doctoral/PhD scholarship opportunities.