Information for students affected by the earthquakes in Syria and Turkey
In addition to the appeal for donations for the earthquake victims in Syria and Turkey, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg would also like to support its students during the current examination phase. Students who themselves or their relatives have been affected by the earthquakes can contact the Admissions and Registrar's Office to find an arrangement for their individual situation in the context of examinations and assignments.
Students have the option:
- to apply for extensions of deadlines, e.g. for final papers or similar
- to withdraw from registered examinations (application possible before and after the examination date)
If you would like to make use of the above-mentioned possibilities, please contact the responsible team of the Admissions and Registrar's Office in person, or alternatively by telephone or e-mail: https://www.b-tu.de/en/students/admissions-registrars-office/contact
The following information and documents may be relevant for processing:
- personal information (name, matriculation number, study programme)
- examination details (name of module, examination date/submission date, name(s) of examiner(s))
- reasons why the extension or withdrawal is needed (please explain how you are affected and, if possible, attach documents, evidence or similar)
- for requests made after the examination date: Justification as to why the request could not be made prior to the examination date
In addition to deadline extensions and withdrawing from exams, students can get advice on their individual study situation from Katja Ivanov, responsible for the Integration of International Students (see below for contact) as well as from the Subject-Related Counselling.
Abteilung Studium und Lehre
T +49 (0) 355 69-2233
Stabsstelle International Relations Office
T +49 (0) 355 69-2409