Prof. Melanie Jaeger-Erben appointed to the Commission for the Fourth Equality Report of the German Federal Government
The Commission of Experts shall prepare a report by 2025 as part of the Fourth Report on Gender Equality. It works on an honorary and independent basis. It consists of eleven scientists from different disciplines (economics, law, social sciences, geography, engineering) who deal with aspects of the ecological transformation. The Federal Equality Foundation accompanies this work.
The members of the Fourth Equality Report Commission:
- Prof. Dr. Silke Bothfeld, Bremen University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Peter Bleses, Institute for Work and Economy of the University and Chamber of Employees Bremen
- Prof. Dr. Sigrid Boysen, Helmut Schmidt University Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Gülay Çağlar, Free University of Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Melanie Jaeger-Erben, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Prof. Dr. Jakob Kapeller, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Ulrike Röhr, Gender, Environment, Sustainability Office
- Dr. Immanuel Stieß, Institute for Social-Ecological Research, Frankfurt/Main
- Dr. Johanna Wenckebach, Hugo Sinzheimer Institute, Frankfurt/Main
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Wippermann, Catholic Foundation University Munich, Benediktbeuern Campus
- Prof. Dr. Brigitte Wotha, Kiel University of Applied Sciences
Since 2011, the German government has presented an equality report once in every legislative period. Its aim is to provide concrete recommendations for action to policymakers.
The reports document the state of equality in Germany and make recommendations on how equality can be achieved. These recommendations are incorporated into political processes.
Further information can be found here: www.gleichstellungsbericht.de
Technik- und Umweltsoziologie
T +49 (0) 355 69-2985
Stabsstelle Kommunikation und Marketing
T +49 (0) 355 69-3126