The term of office is two years. The BTU President is responsible for the board chairperson in the first year.
The office, which rotates every two years, is filled by a vote of all university presidents in the state of Brandenburg. The deputy chairperson is HNEE President Prof. Matthias Barth, who will chair the second year. The election took place at the BLHP meeting on February 9, 2024.
Prof. Gesinde Grande says: "I am looking forward to the new task as BLHP chairperson and to the trust of my colleagues. Together with Prof. Barth from HNEE, I will try to support the further development of Brandenburg's universities in the best possible way in this role. The recommendations of the Science Council provide a very good basis for this, which we will discuss intensively with a view to our goals, strategies and necessary measures. We will continue the excellent work of our predecessors, Prof. Stürmer and Prof. Schmitt-Rodermund, in concluding target agreements with the MWFK and work to intensify the dialog with our ministry and state politicians for the benefit of Brandenburg's higher education system. There is a lot to do, I see this as an opportunity."
is an association of the ten state universities in the state of Brandenburg. It funds cooperation between the universities in the field of education and science and deals with overarching higher education policy issues. The tasks of the State Rectors' Conference also include discussing, coordinating and expressing matters of common interest.
The BLHP consists of
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- University of Potsdam
- Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf
- Brandenburg University of Technology
- Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development
- Potsdam University of Applied Sciences
- Wildau University of Applied Sciences
- Brandenburg State Police University of Applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences for Finance Königs Wusterhausen