You can find the fundamental data protection information of Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg at: https://www.b-tu.de/datenschutz/datenschutz-grundverordnung.
The specific data protection information for the data processing in conjunction with the operation of the BTU website is set out below.
Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU) would like to render transparent the manner in which data are used and show you when, and which, data are stored and how they are used. This data protection policy refers to the web pages and web services of BTU (hereinafter also described as the BTU website) that can be accessed via the domain www.b-tu.de. With regard to the services personified under the same domains, extended or contrary data protection provisions may apply to which reference is made on the homepage of the respective service. Data processing is subject to valid data protection law provisions, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the Brandenburg Data Protection Law and the Telemedia Act.
Below you will find information about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data. You can obtain this information at any time on our website.
The BTU web servers are operated by the Information, Communication and Media Centre (IKMZ) IT Services Department. The IKMZ/Multimedia Centre supports the corresponding Web Content Management System TYPO3 and co-ordinates the various areas of the BTU web pages.
Address: Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg, Information, Communication and Media Centre, Platz der Deutschen Einheit 2, D-03044 Cottbus
If you visit these or other BTU websites, you will forward data to our web server via your internet browser. The following data shall be temporarily recorded in a log file during an established link for communication between your internet browser and our web server.
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of the access
- Name, URL and transferred data quantity of the requested file
- Access status (transfer of requested file, not found etc.)
- Identification of the used browser and operating system (where forwarded by the requesting web browser)
- Website from which the access occurs (where forwarded from the requesting web browser)
The data in such a log file are processed as follows:
- The log entries are continually and automatically updated to identify attacks on the web server and react accordingly.
- A manual analysis is conducted in individual cases, i.e. in the event of reported faults, errors and security incidents.
- The logs are further used to create access statistics that are rendered anonymous. The software used locally in that respect is operated by IKMZ.
The University Computing Centre does not group together the IP addresses stated in the log entries with other data sets such that it is possible for the University Computing Centre to draw conclusions about individual persons.
The forms incorporated in this website are used for different purposes to honour the BTU’s official tasks. With regard to the storage and processing of the personal data entered using a form, responsibility is held by the division or organisational unit of BTU that has commissioned the IKMZ/MMZ with the task of implementing and operating the respective form.
Alternatively, if you select a DNT (Do-Not-Track) setting in your web browser, the matomo software will respect this and the web tracking data shall not be collected.
Videos in this internet service are, in part, incorporated from YouTube. We use a data protection saving method of embedding via the “youtube-nocookie.com“ domain. You can find more information about data protection in this respect at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de
The BTU website uses the maps of OpenStreetMap. The map material is used to adequately present the online context and to make it easier to find the described locations. You can find more detailed information on data protection in this context at: https://www.openstreetmap.org/about/en. You can obtain the relevant adequacy decision of the European Commission at: (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en).
For its communication the BTU partly uses the software Okomo. You can find more detailed information on data protection in this context at: https://https://okomo.com/en/privacystatement. You can obtain the relevant adequacy decision of the European Commission at: (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en).
By checking this box, you agree to the integration of external content from Youtube permanently. For the storage of the setting a cookie is set and already when loading pages with embedded Youtube videos, personal data is sent to Youtube. By unchecking the box, this is prevented by default.
On our website we provide links to social networks. You will recognise these by way of the respective logo or a description in text form.
While you are visiting our website, no data are forwarded to these networks.
Only once you follow a link by clicking on it will you be forwarded to the web pages made available by the respective network and shall then be subject to the user guidelines of the corresponding operator.
With regard to rights and settings for the protection of your privacy, please see the data protection policy of the respective networks or web pages.
The following social networks are linked to our website in the manner described above
- Facebook, Instagram which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). Facebook data protection policy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Twitter, which is operated by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Twitter”). Twitter data protection policy: https://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“YouTube”). YouTube data protection policy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/
- LinkedIn, which is operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, Data Protection Notices of LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=hb_ft_priv
- Xing, which is operated by XING AG, Dammtorstr. 30, D-20354 Hamburg, Germany. Data protection policy: https://www.xing.com/privacy
We reserve the right to adjust our data protection provisions so that they meet the current legal requirements at all times or to implement changes to our services in the data protection declaration. We recommend that you regularly read these data protection provisions to stay up to date in respect of the protection of the personal data we collect.