The world, and with it Lusatia, is changing towards climate-neutral technologies. This applies in particular to energy technology and economics. In the coming decades, young people will be sought in Lusatia who will accompany the energy transition and the structural change that has been initiated with it. Students of BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg studying Energy Technology and Economics have chances to be employed at the large new research institutes or at the centers in the vicinity of the BTU (Fraunhofer IEG, DLR) and in young companies that can develop from these centers. Studying at the BTU in the course of Energy Technology and Economics creates the professional qualifications to support these institutions and thus to support structural change in Lusatia and beyond.
The master course of Energy Technology and Economics, one of five specific focus areas can be chosen. Each focus area offers a catalog of freely selectable modules.
- General energy technology and energy industry
- Energy economics
- Control and automation in energy technology
- Thermal energy technology
- Energy process engineering
The requirement for immatriculation is a bachelor's degree in energy technology, energy economics or electrical engineering.
Professional Fields of Activity
The course networks the students with future employers via seminars, internships and theses so that they can successfully start their careers. Possible areas of employment after graduating in Energy Technology and Economics are:
- in the manufacturing industry for energy technology products,
- in the power supply industry in the fields of power generation, power transmission or power distribution,
- in the energy departments of large companies,
- in energy trading and energy sales.