The research area »Energy Efficiency and Sustainability« investi-gates measures for increasing the efficiency of conventional power stations and complex systems, for example, as well as measures that might make these more flexible. This includes the develop-ment of energy storage concepts, electric transport, and also the stability of the power networks in the context of the energy shift. Efficient and environmentally compatible combustion engines, gas turbines, aircraft propulsion and micro gas turbine engines complete this research area. Other issues addressed also include new, optimised types of building with a focus on energy saving construction and design. Another key issue in this research area is the automation and digitisation of industrial processes addressed by the »Innovation Center Modern Industry Brandenburg«, for example.
- Innovationszentrum Moderne Industrie Brandenburg
- CEBra - Centrum für Energietechnologie Brandenburg e.V.
- Panta Rhei gGmbH - Forschungszentrum für Leichtbauwerkstoffe
- SMART Capital Region
- Die Erzeugung von Biogas aus organischen Abfällen und Biomasse (BIOGASMEX)
- Entwicklung eines virtuellen Triebwerks (VITIV)