Entry and Visa

Show all answers
Hide all answers
  • Where can I get tested for Corona?

    Test centres for antigen rapid tests as well as current information can be found on the homepage of the city of  Cottbus or Senftenberg. Find an overview of all test centres in Brandenburg here.

    (Updated 08/12/2021)

  • Can I get a letter of entry?

    Yes! All admitted international applicants can receive such a letter ("Bestätigung über die Notwendigkeit der Anwesenheit in Deutschland zum Zweck des Studiums") upon request. Please send a request to international+studystart(at)b-tu.de

  • What do I have to consider when entering Germany from abroad?

    Since 11 June 2022, all COVID-19-related restrictions for entry into Germany have preliminarily been lifted. You can find further information on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior and Community.


  • Information on the German regulations concerning the handling of the Coronavirus

    An overview of the German regulations on dealing with the coronavirus in English can be found here.

    Useful information on how to protect ourselves against the coronavirus can be found here.

  • Where can I get information on the Corona situation in Germany?

    A good compilation of the known facts about the corona virus can be found on the website of the Robert Koch Institute. Here you can also use a tool to find out your local health authority.


    The following contact page has been set up for details provided by the BTU:


  • Is there information about COVID-19 in English?

    The city of Cottbus has set up a hotline where people who don't speak German can get in touch. Arabic, Persian, Russian and English are available.

    This service is available from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The number of the hotline is 0355 / 612 4000.

    General information collection City of Cottbus
    Information about the Corona Virus City of Cottbus

  • How can I extend my visa/residence permit or have its purpose changed?

    The immigration authorities in Berlin, Cottbus and Senftenberg have restricted opening hours. Contact and appointments can be made by request (e.g. e-mail, telephone or online registration).

    Please find information on the respective foreigner's office´s procedures on the following pages:

  • I cannot find my question among the FAQs answered here - what can I do?

    If you could not find the answer to your question on this page, please send an e-mail to international+studystart(at)b-tu.de. The International Relations Office team will take care of your request!