Prospective International Students

Show all answers
Hide all answers
  • What is the current Covid-19 situation in Germany and where can I get detailed information about it?

    The Federal Ministry of Health provides an overview of all current information regarding entry, vaccination and further protective measures around the Covid-19 pandemic.

    The city of Cottbus has set up a hotline where people who don't speak German can get in touch. Arabic, Persian, Russian and English are available.

    This service is available from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The number of the hotline is 0355 / 612 4000.

    General information collection City of Cottbus
    Information about the Corona Virus City of Cottbus

  • How can I enrol at BTU?

    After receiving your admission, you can immediately start the online enrolment process. You can get all the information you need here: Welcome and Registration Point.

  • How will the BTU's study programmes be offered in the winter semester 2022/2023? Will there be online courses in the winter semester 2022/2023?

    Our university stands for learning together, creative exchange and a lively campus life. As an attendance university, we are preparing the lectures, seminars and practical courses for the winter semester 2022/23 as attendance events.This means that you must be on site at the latest at the beginning of the lecture period.*

    All dates and deadlines can be found here:

    Regarding your arrival, you can find more information on our BTU website:

    We can counter the development of the Corona pandemic with a flexible and demand-oriented offer of hybrid teaching and learning formats.

    *) The exception, of course, are our purely online study programes such as WHS Online and Sprungbrett Deutsch.

  • What happens if I cannot enter the country for the winter semester 2022/2023 due to the pandemic?

    If you are still interested in studying at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, first click on the "Return place" button in the myBTU application portal. Please renew your application for the next semester directly via the BTU application portal myBTU:

    • Create a new application for the respective semester via myBTU.
    • Upload your most recent letter of admission for the question on "Bachelor's or Master's admission qualification"
    • a new language certificate, if available and/or registration for a higher semester, if desired
    • a current curriculum vitae

    For applications for the summer semester 2023, the myBTU portal is expected to open on 05 December 2022, for applications for the winter semester 2023/2024 is it expected to open on 20 April 2023.

    If you still need to submit additional documents, we will notify you about this with the admission. Please note: a renewal is only possible on the condition that your study programme continues to be offered at the BTU.

    If you have been granted admission to a degree programme with restricted admission, you will participate in the admission procedure again with your application.

    Questions to: internationaladmission(at)

    We are looking forward to your application!

  • Can I get an letter of entry?

    Yes! All admitted international applicants can receive such a letter ("Bestätigung über die Notwendigkeit der Anwesenheit in Deutschland zum Zweck des Studiums") upon request. Please send a request to international+studystart(at)

  • I can´t get my diplomas/final certificates in time – what can I do?

    If you do not yet have your diploma documents, you can apply with your current Transcript of Records instead. Final degree documents must be submitted by the end of the winter semester 2022/2023 at the very latest. 

  • What can I do if I cannot take an English or German test in time?

    You can still apply if you do not yet have the required English or German test results, but are registered for a test. You can find details on page 2 of the English language certificate information sheet or on this German language certificate information sheet, respectively.

    Please note that in order to register, you must provide proof that you have taken and passed the language test (by the end of the enrolment deadline). You can submit the official certificate within the first semester.

  • Do I need certified copies for an application to the BTU?

    You no longer need certified copies for an application at the BTU. Simply upload simple scans of your documents and the official translations in German or English during the online application process.

  • I applied via uni-assist very shortly before the deadline and have not yet received a reply from them. I am worried about the processing time at uni-assist – what can I do?

    All online applications submitted and completed by the closing date will be considered for the selection procedure. The uni-assist pre-check does not have to be completed before the deadline. There is therefore no need to include uni-assist processing times in your preparations.

    You will be informed as soon as your application documents have been forwarded to our university.

  • Where can I find more information about the start of my degree programme?

    All information on the start of the semester of your degree programme can be found here:

  • I cannot find my question among the FAQs answered here – what can I do?

    If you could not find the answer to your question on this page, please send an e-mail to international+studystart(at) The International Relations Office team will then take care of your request!