You will need to show certain documents when you enrol at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg and register at the City Administration Office. We have put together the most important information related to getting started with your studies at BTU.
In order to enrol, please bring along the following documents:
- Your passport (if your country of origin requires a visa, a valid permit that entitles you to study in Germany is required).
- Original Letter of Admission
- Proof of health insurance (resp. for EU citizens, the European health insurance card is sufficient)
- Completed enrolment form (you will receive this form at the >>Welcome and Registration Point>>, we will help you fill it out)
- Passport size photograph (which will be used for your student card)
- If you have already studied in Germany before, a matriculation certificate and if appropriate, a student clearance certificate.
The enrolment period and the semester starting date can be found in admission package. If all documents are complete, the remittance slip will be issued in at least two days. Afterward, you can pick up the remittance slip to pay the semester fee at the >>Welcome and Registration Point<< via bank transfer.
After a few working days, the fee will be transferred to the universities bank account and you will receive an email to pick up your student ID at the Information Centre in the Main Building.
Welcome and Registration Point
|Hand-in the enrolment documents at the Welcome and Registration Point in person||23rd March 2020 ̶ 3rd April 2020||23rd March 2020 ̶|
3rd April 2020
|23rd March 2020 ̶ |
3rd April 2020
|Grace Period for justified exceptions, e.g. applicants with visa requirements||30th April 2020||30th April 2020||30th April 2020|
|Location||Main Building, 4th floor, Room 4.29||see Main Campus||Building 2, Room 2.219|
|Opening hours||Monday to Thursday |
Friday 10:00 – 12:00 noon
|see Main Campus||Monday to Thursday |
13:00 – 15:00
|Dates for summer semester 2020|| |
university and applied programme
Please be aware that due to national holidays all offices and most supermarkets and shops are closed on on 9th April (Good Friday) and 13th April (Easter Monday)!
In order to make your start in a new environment as comfortable and simple as possible, we provide First Contact Tutors. The tutors are there to assist you in visiting city administration offices, to give you a tour through Cottbus or Senftenberg, and to help you understand how things work in Germany.
If you are interested in having a tutor, then just make a request for one at the Welcome and Registration Point.
Did you like your welcome experience? Do you wish to become a BTU Buddy? Then please contact the Student Activities Office (Email).