Visit our Welcome and Registration Point, which you can join virtually and also on campus this winter semester 2021/22. The Welcome and Registration Point offers you support during the online enrolment and will help you ease into your studies at the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg: Meet our BTU students or chat with our ambassadors online, find a BTU buddy and get more information on housing, health insurance, BTU online learning portals, life on campus and in Cottbus or Senftenberg.
Your Steps from admission to the start of your studies:
What’s it about?
In our BTU Summer Info Sessions, a BTU student and a BTU graduate will give you useful tips on how to prepare for your studies in Germany.
In addition, you can ask your questions in the chat feature and these will all be answered individually...
Questions such as...
- How does enrolment at BTU work?
- Which documents do I have to submit?
- When do I get my Student ID Card?
- ...and much more!
What are the topics?
- Student Life
- The different BTU Online Portals and Start of your Studies
Who are these sessions for?
These sessions are for all prospective BTU students, who have already received an admission letter from the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg.
- 21 July 2021
- 18 August 2021
- 28 September 2021
Time & Location
- 3:30 pm CEST in English via Cisco WebEx
- 4:30 pm CEST in German via Cisco WebEx
- Information on how to gain access to these sessions will be forwarded to all admitted BTU students via E-Mail, just a few days before
- Please click on request of enrollment in your myBTU-Portal, as soon as you received an admission letter
- Fill in the application of enrolment form and print it off
- Sign the application of enrolment form and scan it in or photograph it
If you are not sure how to fill out the online enrolment form at myBTU portal, watch the video using this link.
Please forward your documents to international+studentsupport(at)b-tu.de via E-Mail:
- Application of enrolment form
- Copy of your passport or your ID, double-sided
- Copy of your visa or residence permit with supplementary sheet (if applicable), double-sided
- Emergency Contact Form
- Health Insurance
- Copy of a certificate of your removal from the register of students for previous academic institution and proof of right to take examination (if you were already enroled at a German university, as per the application of enrolment form)
- Missing documents according to your admission letter (if applicable), e. g. proof of langue skills
Only when your application of enrolment form and all your relevant documents have been received by us, we’ll be able to start processing your enrolment.
It is possible to enrol while you are still in your home country, if you do not have a health insurance and visa. However we‘d recommend you to complete your enrolment 1 week before the start of your studies (11 October 2021) in order to benefit from our full study offers!
- Pay in your semester fees, as soon as your online application of enrolment form has been forwarded to us
Please note that the university cannot cover any additional costs incurred by transferring the fees from abroad. Please also note the current exchange rate.
If it is not possible to transfer the semester fees from abroad, please contact international+studentsupport(at)b-tu.de.
- You will receive a code from us in order to gain access to your new BTU-Account, as soon as your enrolment has been fully processed and the payment of your semester fee has been received
- The new BTU-Account allows you to register for modules and examinations, to print off your enrolment certificate or to access further information in relation to your studies
The new BTU-Account is not the same as the myBTU-Account. In order to register for modules, you need access to the new BTU-Account.
Our Welcome and Registration Point welcomes you from 13 September 2021 onwards, on-site in Cottbus & Senftenberg:
|Welcome und Registration Point||13. September 2021 bis 30. Oktober 2021|
|Online via Expo-IP|
|Opening hours||Mo till Thu, 10 - 15 Uhr (MESZ)|
|Dates for the Winter Semester 2021/22|
Student ID Card
At the Welcome and Registration Point on campus you can collect your Student ID Card.
Please ensure that you forward all documents via E-Mail before your arrival in Cottbus or Senftenberg. Only then we’ll be able to arrange for your Student ID Card to be ready by the time you'll arrive. You need to expect 2 weeks for your enrolment to be fully processed, after the receipt of your complete documents and the semester fees.
BTU Buddies - 'First Contact Tutors'
To ensure a smooth start into your studies, we provide “first contact tutors” virtually as well as locally. Our tutors are there to assist you, in case you need support when visiting the city administration offices. They can show you around Cottbus or Senftenberg, help you to understand how it works in Germany and you’ll be able to chat with them via our virtual BTU-Buddy meeting point.
Did you like your welcome experience? Do you wish to become a BTU Buddy? Then please contact the Student Activities Office.