The aim of the course is to impart practical, but fundamental and method-oriented knowledge and skills in order to solve engineering problems and thus give graduates the necessary aptitude to independently work on such tasks as professional engineers.
Beyond this professional expertise, the students will discover the range and diversity of the field of civil engineering and be inspired to supplement the broad-based bachelor's program by pursuing an advanced master's programme of their choice. The successful completion of a master's degree is equivalent to the long-term normal qualification as a graduate engineer and can lead later on in professional life to specific professional fields and career prospects in the construction industry and in research.
From the fifth Semester, students can choose between the specializations of Structural Engineering, General Engineering and Energy, Environment and Building Technology.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Design and costing in engineering firms
- Planning and organization in construction companies
- Implementation of construction projects in government agencies
- Real estate and project development from an economic perspective
- Development and monitoring in testing laboratories and research institutions