- for applicants with a foreign Master Entrance Qualification who don't have European Union/European Economic Area citizenship:
Probably March 1, 2023 to May 15, 2023 (via uni-Assist)
- for applicants with a foreign Master Entrance Qualification who are European Union/European Economic Area citizens:
Probably March 1, 2023 to August 15, 2023 (via uni-Assist)
- for applicants with a German Master Entrance Qualification:
Probably April 20, 2023 to August 31, 2023 (via myBTU)
You may switch to English in uni-Assist by using the "Sprache" menu in the right upper corner.
- Basic prerequisite for admission to the master's programme Cyber Security is a first qualifying degree (at least bachelor's degree) or a qualification equivalent degree in a programme closely related to computer sciences.
- In particular, a bachelor's degree in computer science, cyber security, or mathematics with subsidiary computer science qualifies. Adequate content of the degree is available if the theoretical, practical, applied, and technical computer science and mathematics education is comparable to the bachelor's degree course in computer science at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg.
- To successfully follow our academic programme, it is required to have a solid background in theoretical computer science, mathematics (including discrete mathematics and number theory, analysis, linear algebra), foundations of operating systems, computer networking as well as programming.
- The Examination Board of Cyber Security at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg will decide whether an applicant’s degree is sufficient. If the board is unsure about the equivalence, they may decide that a student must complete additional preliminary modules.
- Applicants need a certificate of proficiency in English as described in this handout.
- a simple copy of a document proving the completion of a bachelor's or higher level degree including a transcripts of records/list of subjects taken (if the original is not in English or German, then you need a translation to English or German from a sworn translator | if you do not yet have a final diploma, you may also submit preliminary documents),
- for applicants in their last bachelor's semester: you will need at least a document (including the already recorded grades) of your university, that you will finalise your studies before the start of our master's programme,
- a simple copy of the higher education entrance qualification (a translation to English or German from a sworn translator is required if the original is not in English or German),
- a concise up-to-date curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, practical experience (if applicable), research interests, etc.,
- a thesis or equivalent publication, project report etc. will be an advantage for your application (if the thesis/publication/report is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and to add a meaningful summary in English or German),
- proof of English language skills (described in the handout, we do not accept "medium of instruction certificates", only valid certificates are recognized),
- for applicants with German entrance qualification (Abitur): Your certificate of higher education entrance qualification may also serve as sufficient proof – provided that you acquired your higher education entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school abroad and provided that your certificate of higher education entrance qualification demonstrates English language skills at least at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- a simple copy of passport/official personal identification,
- a simple copy of a valid residence permit for Germany, if available,
- APS (Akademische Prüfstelle/Academic Verification Office) certificate for Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants.
German language skills are not required for the application.
For changing universities within Germany you will additionally need a certificate of removal from the register of students (submit at the latest upon enrolment) and certificate of non-objection (proof of right to take examinations). Further information you may find here.