Between March 2012 and December 2013 the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg took part as a pilot university in the 'Re-audit: Internationalization of Colleges and Universities' project. The re-audit is a service of the Hochschulrektorenkonferenz (German Rector's Conference (HRK)) for their member universities and colleges and builds on the 'Audit of Internationalization of Universities and Colleges' project. Within the framework of this project the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg has further developed its internationalization strategy [only german]. Based on a set of six objectives, the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg has implemented more than 30 different measures to support internationalization. The closing session of the auditing team took place in November 2013.
The auditors for the re-audit:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Luc Weber, former rector on the University of Geneva and former Vice-President of the International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Prof. Dr. Marko Todorow, former Minister of Science of Bulgaria
Further information can be found here:
Between January 2010 and November 2011, the BTU Cottbus took part as one of six pilot universities and colleges in the nationwide HRK audit 'The Internationalization of Universities and Colleges'. The BTU Cottbus was the only eastern German university and also the only technical university to take part in the pilot phase of the audit. The audit is a consultancy service offered by the German Rector's Conference (HRK) to member universities and colleges and offers tailored advice for identifying strategies and for further developing internationalization. Following a SWOT analysis of the internationalization situation, the BTU Cottbus submitted a comprehensive report in March 2010, which was the basis for the expert commission.
External auditors working on the pilot phase of the audit:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Luc Weber, former Rector of the University of Geneva and former Vice-President of the International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Dr. Fabrice Larat, Director of the Centre of expertise and administrative research at the ENA, Strasbourg
- Drs. Toen Vroeijenstijn, former head of the quality assurance of the Association of Dutch Universities (VSNU)
The essence of the feedback from the audit was a report of recommendations in the areas of (1) planning and control, (2) teaching, (3) research and technology transfer, (4) advice and assistance.
Significant achievements in the implementation of the audit were the establishment of the International Advisory Board and the implementation of a list of measures to increase 'outgoing mobility' and 'internationalization at home'. As a sign of successful participation in the audit the BTU Cottbus received a seal.
Further information can be found here :
- Information on the audit of the HRK
- The BTU's contribution at the annual conference of the audit in 2010, 'Internationalization in practice; Challenges and Perspectives'.
- The workshop contribution "Internationalization in the Field of Action: Guidance and Support"
- Report in the BTU News from August 2010
- Presentation at the HRK conference 'Internationalizing Successfully!' International composition of universities - evaluation, promotion and development' in December 2012., Spontaneous contribution in the working group 'German Universities as Host Institutions for International Students'.