Water management, on the other hand, comprises all anthropogenic interventions in the landscape's water balance and is closely linked to land use. In the Bachelor's programme in Land Use and Water Management, students gain an understanding of the effects of these interventions and their mutual interaction, which is the only way to ensure the long-term and sustainable use of our environment.
The different forms of use and management have a far-reaching influence on the respective ecosystems, which will increase in the future:
- Landscapes of former mining areas must be "restored" (recultivated)
- Agricultural fertilisers and pesticides can enter groundwater
- Water resources must be used effectively and gently in dry periods
After completing this environmental science course, graduates are able to assess and practically deal with conflict areas arising from this. The 6-semester Bachelor of Land Use and Water Management imparts the graduate general studies, scientific, economic, legal and ecological fundamentals.
Egal ob Bodenkartierung im Tagebau, Planung und Bau von Pflanzenkläranlagen oder der ökologischen Landwirtschaft, dank meines Studiums in Landnutzung und Wasserbewirtschaftung bin ich auf alle Herausforderungen gut vorbereitet.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Landscaping engineering firms
- Agriculture and forestry
- Water management companies and organizations
- Nature and environmental protection agencies
- Soil conservation and restoration of contaminated sites
- Production processing and marketing of renewable raw materials