Requirements for the applicant
If you want to apply for a sponsored traineeship you should comply with the following requirements:
- You are still enrolled in an University or University of Applied Sciences in Brandenburg as a fulltime student and are currently in the last year of your studies.
- You want to undertake a traineeship abroad within one year after your graduation in one of the eligible host countries of the Erasmus+ programme.
- Your haven't maxed out your ERASMUS-quota of 12 months in your current study cycle (Bachelor, Master, PhD).
- You can illustrate your motivation for a traineeship abroad convincingly.
- A professor of your university recommends you for the sponsorship.
- You have appropriate language skills of the working language that you have to proof by taking an Online-Language-Assesment
- You apply early enough.
- You will have completed your study before the traineeship begins. You can proof that by submitting a copy of your Bachelor´s/Master´s Certificate or "Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung".
Requirements for the traineeship
Please take the following considerations into account, when you are looking for a traineeship:
- An Erasmus+ traineeship can with the exception of Germany be carried out in all remaining 27 contries of the European Union as well as in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and FYR Macedonia.
- The minimum duration for a traineeship is 60 days and it can be sponsored up to 360 days by the Erasmus+ Programme (please bear in mind the information about the ERASMUS-quota).
- The traineeship must be in close context to the field in which you got your degree.
- The traineeship has to be carried out in full time (at least 35 hours per week).
- During the traineeship you have to move your residence to the host country.
- The host company or organisation should normally also provide some financial benefits for the trainee, as, after a short training period and because of his or her studies, they are like a usual employee for the company or organisation. Such benefits can be provided as a salary and or non-cash benefits (free accommodation, transport fees, food vouchers) and will not be credited against the Erasmus+ funding.
Criteria for exclusion
- A double EU sponsorship is not possible, which is to say that you may not be supported by any other EU programme when receiving an Erasmus+ Placements Programme scholarship.
- The following institutions are not eligible for hosting your traineeship:
- EU institutions or other EU bodies including specialised agencies (full list available at http://europa.eu/institutions/index_en.htm) and organisations managing EU programmes (i.e. national agencies)
- Traineeships already begun cannot be fundet.
After successful application every student has an ERASMUS+ time quota of 360 days for his/her current study cycle (Bachelor, Master, PhD) available. He/she can use this quota for ERASMUS-studies or ERASMUS-traineeships during and until one year after graduation of his/her current study-cycle.
While doing a Bachelor's degree it's possible to do an ERASMUS-semester abroad (ERASMUS-study) for 5 months, a traineeship abroad for 4 months (ERASMUS-traineeship in an eligible ERASMUS country) as well as another 3 months ERASMUS-traineeship after graduation (5+4+3=12).
If not having the opportunity to pass an Erasmus+ period abroad during one´s current study cycle, one could well pass an Erasmus+ traineeship abroad of up to 12 months after graduation. For possible Master´s and/or PhD cycles another 360-day Erasmus+ time quota per study cycle would be made available for Erasmus+ periods abroad.
Please bear in mind that there is no legal entitlement for any Erasmus+ sponsorship. Every stay abroad requires its own application.