Unit for Research Funding
The Unit for Research Funding supports academics of the BTU-Senftenberg, in particular young researchers (PhD students and postdocs), with the following services for the acquisition of funding:
- Information and advice on funding strategies and funding opportunities offered by the EU, the BMBF and the DFG for research projects.
- This can be done individually or by way of lectures, seminars or workshops.
- Advice on request for administrative issues (eg: required co-signatures/co-signatories, legal requirements, documents to be submitted, etc.)
EU Research Framework Program
- Support in the application process (e.g. consortium composition, advice on wording in the application, budget calculations, letters of commitment and non-disclosure agreements)
- Support for approved projects (including the conclusion of funding and consortium agreements, clarification of funding law issues)
- Seminars on EU research funding as well as information and explanations on calls for proposals(current seminar series, internal only)
- Information sheets for application (Horizon 2020, Climate-KIC), internal only
EU Liaison Officer
Dr. rer. nat. Patrick Hoffmann
Central Campus, ZV 310
T +49 (0) 355 69 2938
German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Personal advice on the application process
- Explanation of application procedures
- Review of proposal documents and feedback on formal and review-relevant aspects
- Support in drafting proposals, especially DFG joint proposals (general text passages on the BTU)
- Coordination of BTU-internal processes with university management and administration
- Support during on-site reviews
- Organization of information events and workshops(current seminar series, internal only)
- Information on funding announcements
- Current communications on DFG information and events (internal only)
DFG Research Officer
Dr. rer. nat. Katrin Weise
Central Campus, ZV 309
T +49 (0) 355 69 2716
Unit for External Funding Management
According to the Third-Party Funding Directive, all public and private third-party funds are to be managed by the university. The Unit for External Funding Management coordinates the review of applications and offers and manages all third-party funds. Please feel free to contact colleagues in the unit.
Applications and proposals must be legally reviewed prior to signing. Please submit applications and proposals via the web form for review. All information on the review process and the web form can be found here.
Unit for External Funding Management
Head of Department Ronny Reder
T +49 (0)355 69 3224
F +49 (0)355 69 2407
Technology and Innovation Unit
For questions regarding knowledge and technology transfer and in particular for the application of R+D projects, you can contact the Technology and Innovation Department.
The Technology and Innovation Department provides information and advice on funding opportunities for business-related cooperation projects, in particular Brandenburg Innovation Vouchers and the Central Innovation Program for SMEs (ZIM) of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology.
Furthermore, the department is the point of contact for questions regarding the content of the ERDF programs of the state of Brandenburg.
Further information on knowledge and technology transfer can be found under the heading Transfer.
Department Technology and Innovation
Head of Department
Dipl.-Ing. Beatrix Krautz
Building 7, Room 7.102
Großenhainer Str. 60
Main Building, Room 2.21
T +49 (0) 355 69-2281
In the run-up to the application, the following research options of the funding bodies can be helpful:
- EU Funding Opportunities
- BMBF Funding database of the federal government
- BMBF Completed and ongoing project funding projects
- DFG Information on DFG funding opportunities
- GEPRIS - Projects funded by the DFG
- DFG Calls for Proposals
- DFG Research Infrastructure portal: "RIsources"
- Registry of Research Data Repositories "re3data.org"
Research Database ELFI
The database of the Service Centre for ELectronic Research Funding Information (ELFI) enables BTU staff and students to search for suitable funding programmes.
access to the database (only internally or via VPN)
Information and registration