The Faculty Council is composed of elected members from the group of university professors, representatives of the students, the academic mid-level staff and the technical staff.
Prof. Friedrich Lenk is the chairman of the Faculty Council.
- Election of dean and associate dean.
- supervises the dean with regard to the fulfillment of his or her duties. In particular, it discusses the Dean's statement of accounts and decides on his or her discharge
- The departmental council is responsible for:
- the enactment of bylaws of the department,
- deciding on the structural and developmental planning of the department,
- the decision on appointment proposals
- the decision on habilitations
- participation in the evaluation and coordination of teaching and research in the department.