Since its foundation in 2017, the research platform MIKOWA has developed into a place for scientific discourse and theory-practice discourse.
The focus is on application-oriented and basic theoretical analyses at the micro, meso and macro levels on:
- Conflicts around migration, diversity and participation
- Conflicts over migration and social inequality
- Conflicts caused by the mobilization of (extreme) right-wing groups
- Mobility and migration in and from authoritarian states
- Regional structural change and conviviality