- Basic prerequisite for admission to the master's programme Physics is a first qualifying degree (at least bachelor's degree) or a qualification equivalent degree in a programme closely related to physical sciences.
- In particular, a student is qualified by a bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics or physics related fields. For the physics related fields we require that the theoretical and experimental physics and mathematics education is comparable to the bachelor's degree course in Physics at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg.
- The Examination Board of Physics at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg will decide whether an applicant’s degree is sufficient. If the board is unsure about the equivalence, they may decide that a student must complete additional preliminary modules.
- Applicants need a certificate of proficiency in English as described in this handout.
- fully completed and signed online application form (either BTU's Online Application Portal or uni-assist),
- a simple copy of a document proving the completion of a bachelor's or higher level degree including a transcripts of records/list of subjects taken (if the original is not in English or German, then you need a notarized translation to English or German from a sworn translator | if you do not yet have a final diploma, you may also submit preliminary documents),
- for applicants in their last bachelor's semester: you will need at least a document (including the already recorded grades) of your university, that you will finalise your studies before the start of our master's programme,
- a simple copy of the higher education entrance qualification (a notarised translation to English or German from a sworn translator is required if the original is not in English or German),
- a concise up-to-date curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, practical experience (if applicable), research interests, etc.,
- a thesis or equivalent publication, project report etc. will be an advantage for your application (if the thesis/publication/report is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and to add a meaningful summary in English or German),
- proof of English language skills (described in the handout, we do not accept "medium of instruction certificates" and any kind of expired tests, only valid certificates are recognized),
- a simple copy of passport/official personal identification,
- a simple copy of a valid residence permit for Germany, if available,
- APS (Akademische Prüfstelle/Academic Verification Office) certificate for Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants.
German language skills are not required for the application.
For changing universities within Germany you will additionally need a certificate of removal from the register of students (submit at the latest upon enrolment) and certificate of non-objection (proof of right to take examinations). Further information you may find here.