Since the winter semester 2004/05, the Social Work degree program is offering a binational, cross-border course of studies with the unique possibility of getting a double degree. Students can therefore obtain the Polish Licentiate alongside the regular Bachelor of Arts Social Work degree at the same time.
The program builds on the general Social Work course (B.A.) at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg. It is characterized by integrated subject-specific content, such as the focus on intercultural or migration-sensitive and international social work. The core of the study program consists of a funded phase abroad (1 year), which is prepared by special intercultural groups and language courses.
- an intercultural or international profile
- examination of culture- and migration-specific topics
- funded experiences abroad in a regular period of study
- a professional foundation of the stay abroad through:
- preparatory groups,
- linguistic and regional seminars,
- internship mentoring,
- and binational project work.
After the successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded the double degree B.A. Social Work by both partner universities.