Architects plan building work. Their task is the preliminary, technical, environmental and social planning of buildings. They are instrumental in shaping architectural culture and have a responsibility to society, to their clients and to the environment.
Graduates are capable of formulating concepts both by hand and on the computer and then are able to develop and independently implement the designs in structural and spatial form. They are trained to work on complex construction projects and to coordinate the various fields of expertise involved in construction.
Der interdisziplinäre Ansatz der Architekturlehre war ein prägender Teil unseres Studiums und ist es bis heute, ob bei erfolgreichen studentischen Architekturwettbewerben, Arbeiten im künstlerischen Bereich oder im Job.
Professional Fields of Activity
Leading a domestic or international architectural firm at the highest level
Employment opportunities in construction management at construction companies, housing associations and the building departments of large companies
Applications and Admissions
- Candidates applying for the Master program must be holder of a Bachelor degree in Architecture or a comparable course of studies, evaluated at least with the passing grade “good” (2,0). Applicants need to submit a copy of their Bachelor certificate.
- Parallel, the academic performance of applicants will be reviewed via portfolio, presenting an individual selection of major studio results, design projects and the Bachelor thesis. The scope of supply shall not extend 25 pages (A3 size, landscape format) and can be submitted either as hard copy version or digitally (pdf format, max. 5 MB).
- The aptitude test involves an interview between you and an examination board consisting of lecturers and students. After a preliminary review of your application documents, you will receive an invitation to this interview, which can be conducted in person or online, and the date of the interview will be announced.
- The purpose of this interview is to determine your suitability for the master's program in architecture at the BTU. The scale for determining suitability is the EU's Professional Recognition Directive in its current version (2013/55/EU) as well as the quality of achievements in design and, if applicable, other qualifications. The interview lasts at least 15 minutes. The language is German.
- The result of the aptitude test will be communicated in writing after completion of the examination procedure.
- Further details can be found in the statutes on the conduct of the aptitude test for admission to the consecutive Master's program in architecture (note: link to the official gazette will follow after publication).
If you have any questions regarding your application, please always use the contact addresses given for the Student Services or the International Relations Office of the BTU.