Regulation for Doctorates
- General Regulations for Doctorates (05.10.2017)
- Regulations for Dotorates at the faculty 1 Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (02.03.2018)
- General Regulations for structural PhD-programs (RahmenO PhD, 08. 02.201)
- Special Regulations for the PhD-program Dependable Systems (19.03.12)
- Statute for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice
- Video-based (final) examination (VE) during the limited operation of the university due to the Corona pandemic
Templates and Information
- Application documents: checklist
- Contact Person: Dr. A. Pawell, LG 1A, room 120 (by prior appointment only: tel. 0355 69 2455, apawell[at]b-tu.de )
Application as doctoral candidate
- Information form for the application as doctoral candidate
- Copies of certificates of former academic degrees including
- Copies of your original higher education entrance qualification (e.g. high school diploma or German Abitur certificate)
- Copies of certificates and transcripts of records from prior university degrees
- Additionally for applicants with foreign university degrees:.If the original certificate or transcript of record is not in English or German, then you will need to also submit a certified translation to German or English from a sworn translator.
- Declarations concerning former applications (see §6 (3) 4 and 5 of the General Regulations for Dotorates)
- Declaration about the knowledge of Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice
- Curriculum Vitae
Please send electronic applications including all 5 documents in one pdf-file to apawell[at]b-tu.de
Contact Person: Dr. A. Pawell, LG 1A, room 120 (by prior appointment only: tel. 0355 69 2455, apawell[at]b-tu.de )
The International Relations Office verifies for foreign applicants the fulfilment of the formal assumptions for the admission to a doctorate.
The faculty council will decide about the admission as a doctoral candidate and inform the candidate and the International Relations Office about the decision. Than the candidates become an official admission letter from the International Relations Office with all information concerning the enrollment as phd-student.