- Central office for deposit copies of dissertations and postdoctoral theses as well as publications of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Contact point for formal questions regarding the submission of theses and postdoctoral theses as well as electronic publications in the Digital Repository (OPUS)
- Coordination of issues concerning deposit copies and library exchange of scientific literature
To publish your thesis you need the ready-for-print-note (Druckreifevermerk) from the head of the examination board after your oral exam. It is necessary before you start publishing. Please submit a copy of this document to the Theses Department or sent it to us by e-mail.
For further information about the specific number of deposit copies, please refer to the doctoral regulations of your faculty or contact us.
You can choose between the following possibilities to publish:
Hard copy (copy shop, self-publishing)
- Submission of the number of printed and bound copies required by the doctoral regulations of your faculty
Publication by a publishing house
- Submission of the number of copies required by the doctoral regulations of your faculty
- Confirmation letter of the publisher that they intent to publish at least 150 copies
- Upload of the requested metadata and PDF/A-1b file to the Digital Repository (OPUS)
- Submission of the print copies (must be identical to the PDF version)
- Submission of the completed and signed form Declaration of consent
- Further information about the electronic publication of your thesis and a checklist for doctoral candidates can be found on our website for electronic publishing.
- Upon request, you can apply for a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for your publication.
- A title page according to the specifications of your faculty must be inserted in the required copies to be delivered to the University Library. Please use the currently valid faculty title page (e.g. on sample title sheets), which may differ from the information in the doctoral regulations.
- white, ageing-resistant paper (DIN EN ISO 9706) A4 to A5
- double-sided printing is possible
- durable binding (ring / spiral binding or a plastic sheet as a book cover are not allowed)
- Publisher’s hard copies have to be indicated as a thesis of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg in the publisher's imprint (e.g. dissertation, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg [year]).
- Personal data (e.g. curriculum vitae, affidavit) should be removed from the online and print version for data protection reasons.
The submission of postdoctoral theses treatises in the library is not required in every faculty. Please inform yourself accordingly.
To hand over in person please arrange an appointment with our Theses Department. Submission can also be made by mail to the following address:
IKMZ - Universitätsbibliothek
Platz der Deutschen Einheit 2
After the verification of all documents required we will send you and your dean's office the confirmation letter by email. You will receive the doctoral certificate from your deanery.
There is no requirement to publish examination papers and study thesis (bachelor, master, diploma). We welcome the publication of outstanding and very good study theses (grade 1.0 to 1.7) on our Digital Repository (OPUS). If you would like to publish your study thesis electronically or leave a print copy to our library, please contact the Theses Department for further information.