Excursions and Practical Courses
Practical Course Aquatic Ecology (13737)
The Department of Aquatic Ecology offers ERM Master students the chance to participate in a practical course. Herein students will get to know the basic methods for the investigation of standing and running waters. During three weeks, the students will conduct field measurements with different probes, limnological sampling, as well as microscopical, and laboratory analyses. The practical course takes place as a block seminar during the lecture-free period of the summer semester and requires intensive preparation and commitment. Download
- 13298 Basics for Freshwater Management and/or 42505 Freshwater Restoration Ecology
- High commitment, interest and willingness for self-study
- Time and willingness to complete all assignments
A short preliminary meeting will be coordinated after registration.
Number of participants: max. 12
Costs: for overnight stay in Bad Saarow (approx. 100 €/person) after official approval
For each part, running and standing waters, students have to
- prepare a 15 min. presentation on one of the methods to be applied including a subsequent discussion (10%).
- do practical work (10%).
- hand in an individual written report, approx. 3 - 5 pages (30%) at the end of the first part on standing waters.
- give a presentation of the results and hand in a written report as a group work, about 3 - 5 pages per student (30%) in the part on running waters.
Registration is done via the official exam registration until 09 April 2023 (online).
Block Course (14.08. - 01.09.2023)
14.08.2023 – 18.08.2023 Bad Saarow
21.08.2023 – 01.09.2023 Cottbus
Module: Practical Course Aquatic Ecology (13737)
Dr. Jacqueline Rücker
BTU Cottbus - Senftenberg
Research Station Bad Saarow
15526 Bad Saarow