Professor Dr. Müsgens holds the Chair of Energy Economics at the Brandenburg University of Technology in Cottbus. His research focuses on energy economics, energy data analytics and energy system modeling. He has published more than 70 works, including numerous peer-reviewed articles in top field journals (e.g., Energy Economics, Nature Energy, Applied Energy, Energy Journal, Energy Policy, Resource and Energy Economics). The chair participates in renowned research projects on the energy transition (e.g., Kopernikus Ariadne and the hydrogen lead project Transhyde). Furthermore, Mr. Müsgens is co-coordinator of the BTU transition project Energie-Innovationszentrum.
In application-centered research projects he works with industrial companies and energy suppliers as well as with associations and federal and state ministries. Mr. Müsgens is a member of numerous committees (e.g., Scientific Advisory and Project Board of 50Hertz) and Associated Researcher at EPRG (University of Cambridge). From 2019 to 2021, he acted as the elected scientific representative on the Exchange Council of the European Energy Exchange (EEX). In the academy project ESYS he co-leaded the working group electricity market design. Mr. Müsgens received his doctorate at the EWI and the DFG Graduated School Risk Management at the University of Cologne. He has extensive industry experience as heading Trianel’s portfolio management team and as founder and partner of the boutique consultancy r2b energy consulting GmbH.
- Homepage: www.b-tu.de/fg-energiewirtschaft/team/lehrstuhlinhaber
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/felix-muesgens/
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCV-Knt6IQxYzFtIyAFIeS6g
- Researchgate: www.researchgate.net/profile/Felix-Muesgens
- Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1CviH60AAAAJ&hl=en
- Pressebeiträge: www.b-tu.de/fg-energiewirtschaft/presse-und-news/pressemeldungen