The Foreigners’ Office may request an official study prognosis when you apply for an extension of your student visa.
- A statement showing sufficient study progress
- An assessment of the potential time needed to complete your studies
- Information about your current performance level
After a full evaluation of the circumstances, including your study prognosis, the Foreigners’ Office will decide whether or not to extend your visa, and for how long.
Where and how do I request a study prognosis?
For students at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg the study prognosis is prepared by the International Relations Office.
Please send the following documents to internationaloffice(at)b-tu.de
- Completed form Study Prognosis
- Current transcript of records (Please check to make sure that all of your grades / examinations have been entered into the system!)
- Copy of your passport and residence permit (including the supplementary sheet)
Processing takes approximately one week, so please contact the International Relations Office well in advance of your appointment with the Foreigners’ Office.