DSH - German Language Examination for University Admission for International Student Applicants
The German Language Test for University Admission (DSH) determines whether the applicant has the required German language skills to apply for a German-language degree program at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg or another German university.
The DSH is an admission requirement for all those applicants who have not acquired their university entrance qualification in a German-speaking country or at a German-speaking institution and who do not have an equivalent language certificate (TestDaF, ÖSD II, etc.).
BTU usually offers the DSH twice a year (February and June).
Next DSH exam date: 10.02.2023 (No places will be allocated to external participants*).
Registration period: 12.12. - 13.12.2022
- After successful registration you will receive information about the payment of the examination fee by e-mail.
- Then please transfer the exam fee within the specified period. As soon as we have received the amount, you will receive a confirmation of your exam registration and further information about your exam. Please note that the processing time for a bank transfer of the examination fee can take up to one week. If no payment has been received by two weeks before the exam date, your registration will be invalid and you will no longer be able to take the exam.
- The participation fee at the DSH is 130 euros.
- The participation fee will only be refunded in case of illness upon presentation of a medical certificate.
- Please bring your passport or residence permit with you on the day of the exam.
- You may use German-German dictionaries. Electronic aids are not permitted.
- You can see the result of the written part of the DSH and the exact date of the oral exam on this page. You will only take part in the oral exam if you have passed the written exam.
- You will receive your DSH certificate either in person at the Central Office for Languages or by mail if you hand in an A4 envelope (with a stamp) with your address for the oral examination.