On July 10, 2008, the non-profit association "Freunde der Informatik der Brandenburgischen Technischen Universität Cottbus e.V." [Friends of Computer Science at the Brandenburg University of Technologyy] was founded (Statutes).
The association's mission is to promote science, research and education in the field of computer science. It acts as a representation of interests of the supporters of computer science at the Brandenburg University of Technology.
Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ingo Schmitt (1st Chairman)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Nolte (2nd chairman)
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Petra Hofstedt (Treasurer)
Full founding members:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ingo Schmitt
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Nolte
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Claus Lewerentz
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Monika Heiner
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hartmut König
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Meer
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Theodor Vierhaus
- Prof. Dr. Gerd Wagner
Specific projects for
- establishing and maintaining relationships between graduates, students and staff of the Institute of Computer Science, Information and Media Technology,
- etsablishing and maintaining relationships with employees of companies and other institutions that pursue the same or similar goals,
- organizing events, scientific lectures and guest lectures from industry, seminars, conferences and other meetings for education and training,
- organizing scientific alumni colloquia, providing financial support
For the above activities.
With your donation you support our mission. Thank you very much! Donations to a non-profit organization are tax-deductible. Of course, you will receive a donation receipt, please contact Prof. Dr. Ingo Schmitt.
According to the statutes, there are two ways to become a member.
- are (or have been) enrolled as student or are (or have been) a teacher or research assistant;
- are completing (or have completed) a doctorate or habilitation,
you can apply for a full membership.
You may also join the Association as a regular member.
The minimum annual membership fee for full and regular members is 20.00 Euro.
Please send this form (signature required) to the postal address provided.