For the financing of your doctoral studies, there are various options to choose from:
- Qualification and research positions at BTU
As a doctoral student on a qualification position (budget financed), you will work in one of the departments at BTU for the duration of five years with the goal of completing your doctoral degree. Remuneration for the qualification position is usually in accordance with E 13 TV-L (German salary scale for doctoral positions). In addition to your own academic work you will also be involved in teaching and research work of your department and will supervise student assignments.
As an employee in a third party funded project, your own qualification is not an element of the employment relationship, although you will have the opportunity to work in a scientific environment in research and study for your doctoral degree at BTU outside your employment relationship.
Qualification and research positions are announced on the BTU vacancies page.
- Grants and bursaries of the BTU Graduate Research School (GRS)
The Graduate Research School (GRS) is a central facility for the promotion of young academics at BTU. The GRS funding model is based on three pillars incorporating individual (e.g. individual grants and bursaries) as well as structural funding instruments (e.g. doctoral programmes). For doctoral students at BTU, GRS offers e.g. grants for conference participation and short research-related stays. GRS also awards a limited number of individual doctoral grants in accordance with the graduate funding regulation (GradV) of the state of Brandenburg. Furthermore, GRS also awards doctoral grants within the context of clusters. Clusters are structured doctoral programmes of limited duration which offer doctoral students a high quality academic and international research programme. International students also have the opportunity to receive teaching and research assistance from GRS. This GRS funding instrument is financed with funds of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and serves the improved skilled integration of international doctoral students at BTU.
- Central Equal Opportunities Office
In addition, young academics may also apply for bursaries and travel allowances from the Central Equal Opportunities Office. For further details on announcement periods and requirements for approval please visit the websites of the Equal Opportunities Office.
- Grants and bursaries of external sponsors
To see whether you are entitled to a grant or other assistance from other funding bodies we recommend the following websites.
This list does not claim to be complete – we are happy to include further links.
- BMBF-Stipendien-Lotse - https://www.stipendienlotse.de/
- Stipendien-Datenbank - http://www.mystipendium.de/
- ForschungsförderInformationen – http://www.elfi.info (Recherche nur aus dem Campusnetz der BTU)
- DAAD-Stipendien - https://www.daad.de
- Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes - https://www.studienstiftung.de/promotion
- Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft - https://www.sdw.org/studienfoerderwerk-klaus-murmann/stipendien
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung - https://www.boell.de/de/stipendien-bewerbung?dimension1=division_sw
Funding bodies for talented students:
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung - http://www.kas.de
- Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung - https://www.rosalux.de/stiftung/studienwerk/promotionsstipendium
- Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt - https://www.dbu.de/stipendien_promotion
- Hans-Böckler-Stiftung - https://www.boeckler.de/promotion.htm
- Hans-Seidel-Sriftung - https://www.hss.de/stipendium/
Please contact us if you have any questions concerning the financing of your doctoral studies. We can offer comprehensive, individual advice.