The Scientific Computing Lab (SCL) bundles various competencies available at the BTU in the area of scientific computing as well as mathematical modeling and optimization of complex systems. The main goals and tasks of the SCL are method and software developments in the areas of:
- Stochastic multiscale and multiphysics models
- Multiphysical multiscale modeling of P2X technologies
- Efficient optimization methods for complex networks
- Co- and real-time simulation of multi-energy systems
- Numerical methods and algorithms for multi-energy systems
- Stochastic simulation and efficient optimization of complex energy networks
In addition, the SCL supports the EIZ institutions in an advisory and executive capacity in all areas from modeling, data analysis and high-performance computing to model validation and forecasting as well as documentation and archiving of simulation data.