- German Association for Social Science Labor Market Research (SAMF) e.V., Vice Chair: www.samf.de
- initiative social science service research, founding member: http://www.3sresearch.de/
- WORK, journal for labor research, work design and labor policy, publisher Lucius & Lucius, publisher: www.zeitschriftarbeit.de
- Studies in industrial and industrial sociology, online journal of the section industrial and industrial sociology in the German Sociological Association (DGS), co-editor and founding member: www.ais-studien.de
- Social research center Dortmund/ TU Dortmund: www.sfs-dortmund.de
- Prof. Dr. Heike Jacobsen was appointed to the board of the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung appointed Lecturer. In this function, she is available to advise scholarship holders.
- Dr. Alexandra Scheele is an expert on the network of experts “European Network of Experts on Gender Equality (ENEGE) for the European Commission, DG Justice, Unit D2 Gender Equality.
In order to make the social importance of labor research clear and to promote a new research and action program on "work of the future", numerous scientists have written the "Eschborn theses on labor research". These have already been signed by 160 people.