In April 2013, after enhancing the image of international focus within the framework of “HRK-Audits Internationalisation of the University” and the “Re-Audit”, the senate of the Brandenburg Technical University of Cottbus adopted its internationalisation strategy (in German only).
The strategy comprised the following six objectives:
- Strategic Partnerships
- Geographic Orientation
- To be an attractive place for international students and researchers through marketing, support and intercommunication
- Internationalisation of instruction and studies
- International research, especially promoting international talent
- International mobility of BTU-Members and relatives
From now on the internationalisation strategies of the former BTU Cottbus and the former Lausitz University of Applied Sciences will be jointly managed. More information will be provided here as it becomes available. The International Office is available for consultation if you have questions about the strategy and its implementation.
In 2011, BTU brought to life an International Affairs Advisory Board, in order to further develop the internationalisation strategy. The board was assigned to advise the university administration on strategic issues. These include, among others:
- The further development of the internationalisation strategy
- Consultation regarding strategic international partnerships
- Issues of the international profile in research and teaching
The International Advisory Board is comprised of faculty members as well as from the main institutions.
The Board convenes three times a year. The International Relations Office executives are responsible for the management. Should you, as member of the BTU have any suggestions or requests for the Advisory Board, please contact the head of the International Relations Office or the respective advisory board member from your faculty.