Working in Germany After Your Studies - How does it work?

With a successful degree from a German university, you have numerous opportunities in the German and worldwide job market:

BTU alumni from non-EU countries can obtain an 18-month residence permit to search for a suitable job after completing their studies. During this time, any activities that are done to ensure livelihood are permitted. Students from EU member states, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland can work in Germany without restrictions during and after their studies.

Where do I search for a job in Germany?

The online portal "Make it in Germany"

The welcome portal, that is available in both German and English, focuses on existing advisory and support offers. It shows the sectors in which skilled workers are sought and the conditions under which skilled workers can take on a job in Germany ("quick check").

Further job opportunities can also be found in the online job market of the Career Center.

Do you have any questions about working in Germany and would you like to discuss these with us personally? Or are you already actively looking for a graduate position and need support in the preparation of your application documents? We are happy to help you. Please contact Ms. Methling and make an appointment directly.

Where can I find a job in my home country?

The Returning Experts Programme is implemented by the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). CIM is a joint operation of the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the Federal Employment Agency (BA). CIM and others offer events and appointments on the subject of “Returning and Profession Integration”

The weekend seminars take place in several locations and for different target groups. The travel costs and overnight costs will be taken care of by CIM. CIM-Events take place at BTU Cottbus - Senftenberg on a regular basis. For further information contact Ms. Ivanov.