Distributed and Parallel Systems I winter term 2021/2022
Nowadays, distributed systems have a wide-spread applications ranging from globally distributed plattforms in the internet, over computing clusters for distributed processing, to controllers emdedded in devices, planes and cars.
The goal of this module is to engrain a basic understanding of distributed and parallel systems "from the application down to the network layer". The focus is middleware, system software and communication plattforms for high performance clusters. Practical execises will be carried out using the PC cluster of the chair.
Requisites: prior kownledge in operation Systems, Unix, C and C++
Description of the module 12341
Lecture slides, tutorial slides and assignments
Lecture slides, tutorial slides and assignments will be uploaded to the Moodle, course Distributed and Parallel Systems
- Computer Networks (Fourth Edition), Tannenbaum, ISBN 0130661023
- Distributed Systems - Principles and Paradigms. Tannenbaum, van Steen, ISBN 0130888931
- Distributed Systems - Concepts and Design, Coulouris, Dollimore, Kindberg, ISBN 0201619180
- C++ Programming Language, Stroustrup, ISBN 0201700735
- on Mondays, 01:45 pm - 03:15 pm, HG, 0.16
- first lecture: 17 October 2022
- on Fridays, 01:45 pm - 03:15 pm, HG, 2.13
- first exercise: 28 October 2022
- oral exam, dates will be announced